Media Statement issued by the South African Police Service
PRETORIA – The South African Police Service is giving an opportunity to trained and skilled police officers, who left the Service honourably on the ranks of Constable, Sergeant and Warrant Officer, to re-enlist.
The recruitment of former police officers forms part of the SAPS’s commitment to improving the staffing levels to enable the organisation to fulfil it’s Constitutional mandate of fighting crime and keeping the inhabitants of this country safe and secure.
The organisation is losing members due to various reasons including retirement and Human Resource Management has to continue with other means of recruitment hence the re-enlistment of former members. The successful candidates will be posted where there is currently a shortage including specialized units such as Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences, Public Order Police as well as newly established units such as Taxi Violence Unit, Cold Case Investigation and Murder & Robbery Unit.
The SAPS, therefore appeals to former police officers who left the Service with a clean record, had been appointed as members in the organisation in terms of South African Police Service Act 68 of 1995, serving on the rank of Constable, Sergeant and Warrant Officer.
OTHER POSTS: SAPS – GENERAL WORKER (X55 POSTS)
Prospective candidates must meet the following requirements:
· Have successfully completed basic police training and relevant functional police training courses, where applicable;
· Have a good disciplinary and attendance record during their former employment in the South African Police Service;
· Be in possession of at least a Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) or higher qualification;
· Have at least a valid light motor vehicle license (code B);
· Submit himself or herself to a medical examination as determined by the National Commissioner;
· Undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
· Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing a uniform and not be irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service;
OTHER POSTS: SAPS – GENERAL WORKERS (X35 POSTS)
· Have no previous criminal convictions, and/or pending criminal, disciplinary cases and such person shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and allow background enquiries to be made;
· Not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm;
· Be prepared to be deployed based on the needs of the Service which may include having to relocate at one’s own expense and or to accept a post away from one’s current place of residence that could result in reasonable travelling;
· Not be involved in any business or activity that will be in conflict of interest with the integrity of the Service; and
· Be willing to undergo a refresher course or any other training as determined by the National Commissioner.
· Applications of former members who have left the Service under any of the following circumstances will NOT be considered for re-enlistment:-
· Members who have reached retirement age (early retirement – or compulsory retirement age);
· Members who have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed;
· Members who have left the Service pending the completion of a disciplinary enquiry and/or criminal proceedings;
· Members who have left the Service due to severance package, ill health or retirement as a result of a medical boarding; and
· Members who left the Service more than 10 (ten) years ago.
The official application forms can be obtained from the South African Police Service Website www.saps.gov.za.
The closing date for applications is 2020-07-31.
CLICK HERE FOR ALL DETAILS: VACANCIES FOR THE RE-ENLISTMENT OF FORMER MEMBERS OF THE SAPS
Colonel Brenda Muridili
071 686 9425
Image: Wikimedia Commons